- Price: 88,000.00
- Factory Date: 1981
- Telephone: 07866465125
- City: UK
- Country: United Kingdom
- Listed: november 24, 2022 7:11 pm
- Expires: 87 days, 19 hours
- Ad id: 616939
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a genuine 1981 Renault 5 Turbo 1, built to period Grp 4 rally spec and is a properly sorted car. The car is a bare shell build that is yet to enter competition, spec as follows:
1981 – one registered keeper from new.
UK Reg (W). It is Registered as a Historic Vehicle by DVLA and is currently road legal.
Original chassis with original chassis number in tact on shell and confirmed by Renault Classic records with supporting Certificate.
Shell stripped to bare shell, new replacement period panels used from specialist R5 suppliers. All suspension frames stripped, checked, powder coated, new seals and bearings throughout. All metalwork zinc plated. Shell treated with 2 pack rust proof bare metal primer, 2 pack primer, RAPTOR paint for all underneath chassis and wheel arch protection.
• New Fibreglass bonnet (original T1 bonnet all painted in white as spare)
• Period Grp 4 Floor mounted Bias pedal box with new AP Short Master cylinders.
• Period Grp 4 strengthen kit including rare CEVENNES tunnel brace as per homologation spec.
• Period Matter Roll-cage, additional B pillar supporting brace and detachable door bars, all shot blasted, treated and powder coated.
• Original T1 wings all painted / decaled and recently replaced with new TDC wide front wings painted + decals to match.
• New rear T1 arch wings and vent grills.
• New bronze tinted Polycarbonate side windows with sliders, rear 1/4 windows and rear tailgate window – all fitted with new rubber seals.
• New twin foam filled alloy fuel tanks, with vertical dip tube fuel sender.
• New low pressure HOLLEY fuel pump and new BOSCH 044 high pressure fuel pumps, new high volume fuel filter, new Fuel-lab pressure gauge, new fuel pressure sender.
• New alloy TDC spec swirl pot
• All fuel lines are stainless braided hoses with Aeroquip dash fittings.
• New Re-trimmed dash and additional TDC instrument panel (Garaje 5 Turbo)
• Original (and much sought after) T1 dash binnacle fitted.
• New Brantz trip meter and wheel sensor;
• New period Renault 5 Turbo steering Quick-rack kit
• New TDC Steering rack alloy braces as per original spec
• New TDC alloy rad – with WRC Spec 7mm cooling fins + new Rad fans
• New ‘under car’ alloy water pipes for length of chassis, new hoses and clips.
New top spec 1400cc period engine built by specialist Renault Historic engine builder ; Steel Sainz Rods + forged pistons, bespoke cam, gas flowed head, max-size stainless valves, new springs, retainers, modified head gear, ported inlet manifold, port matching, , fully balanced bottom end, etc, etc; Engine properly run in with engine running in oil and now running race oil. producing circa 277bhp on recent rolling road, controlled by MOTEC M800 ECU mapped by renowned MOTEC mapping guru with number of additional sensors configured to assist engine protection.
• GARRAT Turbo with all new high performance internals
• New high capacity WRC spec 7mm fin Intercooler
• New WOSP T1 geared starter motor
• New WOSP Race Alternator
• New Race Closed cell battery
• New Cevennes spec Exhaust Manifold and exhaust tail pipe;
• All new gaskets;
• New larger capacity MOCAL oil cooler and AN-8 stainless hoses;
• New Remote oil filter set-up
• All new AN JIC connectors for oil system throughout;
• New Quaife 5 speed R5 Maxi gear kit
• New Quaife ATB LSD
• All Grp 4 period Gearbox mods
• Uprated TDC Gearbox engine mounts
• New AP Twin Plate racing clutch
• New TDC slave clutch set-up using AP Short Race cylinder
• New Cevennes spec Gearbox brace
• All new hose clips
• New period R5 Bilstein suspension and new progressive springs all round
• New anti-rollbar bushes (Supaflex)
• New Cevennes front top wishbones + new rose joints + bushes
• New wheel bearings in all hub carriers + longer length studs
• New period TDC AP brake discs and New period alloy TDC bells
• 4 x AP Monte Carlo Brake calipers and new Competition Pads
• New Aeroquip stainless hoses and JIC connectors throughout.
• New AP brake and clutch master cylinders;
• New period TDC works brake bias adjuster;
2 x New Motordrive Seats (2020) with new alloy seat mounts;
• 2 x New 6 Point Sabelt wide Harnesses;
• 8 x New minilites – four 7×15 Front + four 9×15 Rears with new tyres
• New plumbed-in fire extinguisher, hand-held and 50 second Fire Stick
• 4 x 9” CIBIE Super Oscars with new Covers + original period spotlight brackets
• New OMP suede steering wheels with detachable Lifeline precision Boss.
• New underfloor Kevlar floor guard
This is a genuine and rare Turbo 1 that has significant racing pedigree history across Europe and even competed at Daytona Speedway, rebuilt with a passion by the current owner.