- Price: £18,500
- Factory Date: 1969
- City: Huddersfield
- Country: United Kingdom
- Listed: april 30, 2022 3:22 pm
- Expires: 68 days
- Ad id: 604247
Here we have ‘Orville’, our Saab 96 v4 Historic Rally Car which we are reluctantly putting up for sale.
We purchased the car in 2021 post COVID lockdowns to enter a number of historic Motorsport UK events in but a change in our storage arrangements means we have to put her up for sale.
The brief spec is as follows:
– 1496cc Saab / Ford v4 engine prepared and refreshed by Harris Performance Engines, pulls really well and has buckets of torque. The engine has done 5 events in total (3 with the previous owner and 2 with us) and will have covered around 250 miles competitive driving I think.
– Set up by ProTec on their Rolling road in September 2021
– New ‘Spec 2’ gear kit just 2 events old
– Lightened and balanced flywheel only 2 events old
– New diaphragm clutch only 2 events old
– New gripper diff only 2 events old
-Bilstein front and rear historic spec shock absorbers with historic spec springs (not 100% sure on the rating but they are set up for the forest / gravel)
– New brake discs and historic spec competition linings just 2 events old
– All fire extinguishers serviced summer 2021 and the hand held is a new 2.4l LifeLine extinguisher.
– Brand new 6 point 3″ belts (not as pictured) valid till the end of 2026 on the tags (may be more extensions in the Blue Book)
– MotorDrive seats dated 2019 and expire at the end of 2022 according to the extensions we believe
– The car has had a new Motorsport UK Passport in September 2021 which is valid for 10 years
– Also has new Historic Rally Vehicle Identity Form papers for Category 2 (C2) dated October 2021
– Does have the old FIA papers with the car along with a folder of paperwork
– Van load of spares available separately for £1,000, including spare doors, wings (1x front and 2x rear), 8 new Compomotive Alloys, 6 Saab steel wheels, loads of tarmac and gravel tyres, bespoke alloy lamp pod bracket (no lamps included in the sale however) and a period trip meter (GPS meter on door not included)
An extremely fun car to drive that attracts lots of attention on stage and in the service area – we will be sad to see her go.
Fully maintained regardless of cost by Malbrad Saab in Huddersfield.
We have competed in the Vale of York Stages in September 2021 and the Malton Forest Rally in November 2021 (winning the H1 historic class) and we didn’t have to put a spanner on her at either event.
Wants for nothing and is sat ready to do an event immediately.
£18,500 ovno (plus £1,000 for the spares package)
For further details please don’t hesitate to contact Steve on 07885 298 689
Advertised elsewhere so may be removed at anytime